My family finished our Christmas shopping today, and it made me think of great ways to Live Green, Save Green this holiday season.
Here are my TOP 5 suggestions for you last minute shoppers:
1. BUY LOCAL: This strategy saves gas and energy. In addition, money is invested in YOUR community and its businesses!
2. REUSE: Think before your wrap! Reuse wrapping paper and gift bags. The wrapping paper is much more of a challenge; however, gift bags and tissue can be used a zillion times! Even better-use cloth bags or baskets that can be reused for a variety of purposes! Newspaper works great as gift wrap too! There are no rules here, so get creative!
3. REDUCE: Donate instead of Gift-Giving: My husband works with a woman who does great things at Christmas. Her family adopts a family in need instead of buying gifts for one another. What a wonderful idea!
4. RECYCLE: I think we all have a few items we have never used. Why not give them to someone who might appreciate them?
5. REMEMBER: The reasons for the season. After all, it is not about giving and receiving gifts.
Have a great (and very green) Holiday Season!!